Congregations are asked to renew their Eucharistic Minister and Visitor licenses by the First Sunday of Advent in Year B, which will occur again in 2017. Often training is done within local congregations. From time to time Whitaker offers an additional opportunity to take that training with people from around the diocese. Those attending the course also need to get specific local instruction from their home congregation. To receive a license, they will need to be approved by their Rector/Vicar/Priest-in-charge. And to receive a Eucharistic Visitor license, they will also need to have a current Safeguarding certificate.
Resources for EM/EV training
- Ely, Beth Wickenberg. A Manual for Eucharistic Visitors. Harrisburg, PA: Morehouse Publishing, 2005.
- Ely, Beth Wickenberg. The Cup of Salvation: A Manual for Eucharistic Ministers. Harrisburg, PA: Morehouse Publishing, 2012.
- Leader Resources (the J2A people) offers an excellent training course for Eucharistic Visitors.
- Eucharistic Minister and Visitor Training, Diocese of Michigan
- Eucharistic Visitor Training, Diocese of Central New York, Developed by the Rev. Canon Karen C. Lewis