Within the Diocese
- The Academy for Vocational Leadership is a three year formation program for deacons and total ministry support team members in the Diocese of Michigan. The Saturday Series is open to the public and is the core academic part of the academy. Year-long classes are offered in the Bible, Church History and Theology.
- The Whitaker Institute offers many courses and workshops that are designed to enrich and support the ministry of all the baptized. Regular courses include:
- Each February the Diocese of Michigan holds Vestry Days which offer training and resources for wardens and vestries.
- The Diocesan Ministry Fair/Household of God event is held each year on the first Saturday in May and alternates locations between Detroit and Lansing. There are workshops organized around a central theme and often a keynote speaker.
- Epiphanies is a brand new speaker series bringing top-notch speakers to our area who will encourage us to think deeply about issues of faith, theology and society.
Programs Offered by Episcopal Seminaries
- A Certificate in Anglican Studies is offered with two options: Residential and Low Residence
- The Center for Anglican Learning and Leadership (CALL) at CDSP offers regular online courses and has developed two series, making it possible for students to focus their study in a programmatic way. Each series will enable students to receive an Online Continuing Education Certificate.
- The Diploma in Anglican Studies is offered here in two formats as well: Hybrid-intensive learning and Weekly Classroom setting
- Lifelong Learning: Nearly every course can be taken for continuing education or for the love of learning.
- Bexley Seabury Leadership Institute at the Kellogg School is offered each June at Northwestern University.
Other Online Resources
- ChurchNext is an online platform that offers short video presentations by a wide variety of leaders and scholars.
- The Center for Biblical Studies offers programs to help you engage the Bible like the Bible Challenge, a way to read the Bible in a year.