The Episcopal Diocese of Michigan is committed to safeguard all of God’s children. This policy intends to demonstrate that commitment to creating safe environments, especially for children, youth, and vulnerable adults, from sexual, physical and/or personal abuse or exploitation.
COVID-19 SAFE CHURCH UPDATE:
- Please see EDOMI Social Media Policy to guide our communities regarding Social Media use.
- This Best Practices document outlines safe approaches for online worship and fellowship gatherings.
- This 4-minute YouTube Video from Lifelong Learning at Virginia Theological Seminary outlines Safe Church and Online Practices (March, 2020) regarding Zoom online use.
- Safe Church TRACK 2 and TRACK 3 Course are available by Zoom by request when a cohort of 6 or more can be gathered. (Not sure which class you need? click here.)
- To express your interest in joining a class, or to host a class of 6 or more, register here.
- All “regularly scheduled” Track 2 and Track 3 courses are cancelled until August.
- Our Safe Church Trainers are Zoom-equipped to teach online! When we get a cohort of 6 or more people seeking the course, we will schedule trainers and establish a mutually convenient schedule.
- As before, Track 1, self-directed, is available currently by registering here. For more information, contact Rev. Vicki Hesse at email@example.com or call 313-833-4412.
Our theological foundation affirms that no one is to be deprived of the basic needs of food, drinking water, shelter, sleep, access to restrooms, safety, and clothing at any event. Further, no one shall be denied rights, status, or access to an equal place in the life, worship, and governance of any program or activity because of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, differing abilities, or socio-economic class.
The policy establishes training programs (supported by standards, guidelines, procedures and protocols) to create a safe environment for those to whom we minister, and for our own personal protection.
Looking for a curriculum for children, youth or young adults? We recommend These Are Our Bodies by Church Publishing.
Looking for Safe Church Trainer “Micro Learning” zoom-meets? See below for MicroLearning Safe Church Trainer Zoom courses. Meant for digging deeper as a Safe Church Trainer; and all are welcome. Email Vicki Hesse to participate! firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming MicroLearning Topics:
- May 26 6pm to 6:45pm – “Safe Church Googledrive Access and Updated Files”
- June 11, 6pm to 6:45pm: What’s New: “Enhanced” Track 1 and Track 2 Facilitators Guide
- June 24, 6pm to 6:45pm: What’s New: “Enhanced” Track 3 Facilitator’s Guide
- July 14, 6pm to 6:45pm: Online Teaching: Enhance the Course with Adult-Learning Exercises
- July 24, 6pm to 6:45pm: Community of Practice: Dealing With Difficult People
Previous MicroLearning for our Community of Practice:
- February 10 6pm to 7pm – “Track 2 Case Studies Review”
- February 24 6pm to 7pm – “Track 3 Script Review”
- March 10 6pm to 6:45pm – “Techniques for Engaging The Script” Wednesday March 25 6pm to 6:45pm – “Track 2 Case Studies Review”
- April 1, 6pm to 6:45pm – “Zoom Hosting as a Safe Church Trainer” – (breakout rooms, showing videos while hosting, whiteboard)
- April 15, 6pm to 6:45pm – “Track 2 Case Studies Review – Vestry” –
- May 4, 6pm to 6:45pm – “Track 2 Case Studies Review – Ministry With Adults”
- May 12 6pm to 6:45pm – “Track 1 Script Review”