Two Committees and A Service
Two Committees and A Service
All are Welcomed – Clergy & Lay!
Bishop Perry invites you to bring your talent, time, and energy to help shape how our diocese will live out our faith in the future. Now is the time for us to come together and determine the best ways for us to support one another.
Currently, there are three groups that are seeking volunteers (both clergy and lay): The Technology Task Force, Music and Technology Committee and the Planning Team for a Service of Lament. Learn more about these groups and how you can get involved below. The deadline for volunteering is Friday, May 29.
The Technology Task Force
This team of tech specialists will work to :
Identify problems that churches may face or are facing to connect with their congregation while we are unable to gather in person.
- Figure out ways to help congregations connect with their parishioners, and provide detailed analysis about what these solutions entail, including equipment and personnel.
- Determine how to connect congregations with what they need (equipment and personnel) and provide small grants if necessary.
- Provide “tech experts” who can help them with the process
- Be available to answer questions and help troubleshoot problems
- Liaison with the Music and Tech Committee as needed and helpful.
Please contact the Rev. Manisha Dostert (email@example.com) by Friday, May 29 if you are interesting in volunteering for the Technology Task Force.
Music and Technology Committee
Volunteers on the Music & Technology Committee will plan and work together to:
- Gather to a centrally accessible place summarized information on the latest science and pathology on congregational and choral singing.
- Resource and gather music: accompaniment (organ, piano, other instruments) files of hymns, service music, chant; solos, prior recorded files of choral offerings including hymn settings, service music, and other possible elements to be put in a centrally accessible place
- Create a bank of tech-related resources – how to documents, and people resources for congregations to be able to begin or advance their online offerings
Interested in Music & Technology? Contact the Very Rev. Scott Hunter by Friday, May 29 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Team for a Service of Lament
Lay and clergy are invited to in the planning of a diocesan wide service of Sorrow and Lament in the Time of a Pandemic. This virtual service will take place later in the Spring as an offering to all who are grieving and in sorrow in the midst of this unprecedented time in our world. The Rev. Ron Byrd (email@example.com) and the Rev. Terri Pilarski (firstname.lastname@example.org) are co-leading our group of clergy and lay who will plan this service.
If you would like to help plan this liturgy or have questions, please send an email to Terri and Ron at the email addresses above by Friday, May 29 and let them know how you may want to be involved.
General questions on these three opportunities can be sent to:
Canon Jo Ann Hardy at email@example.com